PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] VGA (KVM switch) issue

kali999
July 26th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hi,
I have problem with ubuntu 12.04, i'm testing some desktops using this platform and sometimes when i plug VGA connector from KVM switch Ubuntu don't recognize monitor and switching it off, on this same unit when i plug DVI everything is working correct. Do you can help me with this kind of issue ?

kali999
August 7th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Any ideas ?

kansasnoob
August 7th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Maybe it's this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/988290

I'm Erick there. I'm pretty sure it's a 'gnome-screensaver' issue, at least AMSlider verified that switching to 'xscreensaver' worked for him also.

kali999
August 7th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Is there any possibility to change output signal from DVI to VGA ? I've tried to change/remove/disable screenserver but it doesn't helped.

papibe
August 7th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Hi kali999.

My first guess is that the Monitor's EDID information is not passing through the KVM.

Depending on you graphic card, it might be possible to obtain the EDID into a file (while the monitor is directly connected), and then hardcode it in your X configuration file.

What graphic card do you have?

Regards.

kali999
August 8th, 2012, 02:18 PM
like i wrote i use it to test desktops, they are diffrent manufacturer so i can't specify what kind of card is, the most it's intel integrated card but not only.

kali999
October 9th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I've done this, problem is resolved after adding nomodeset to grub starting line, do anyone know why auto resolution have this issue ? :S