PDA

View Full Version : How do i find quality apps on android?

pelle.k
July 22nd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Figured someone might know a thing or two of how to find high quality apps for android other than the much dreaded trial and error method...
Searching the "play store" for android, and also iOSs "app store" is litterally like walking like an app freak show, maybe like 5-10 percent of them are up to standards, and finding them is a royal pain in the ***.

So, how can i find applications that are good-looking (preferably not skinned), made by someone that understand sane UI design, and preferably knows how to program. In other words, apps that has gone through some form of quality assurance process. If i could also filter out ad-supported or trial version of applications, that would be a huuge plus. I'd rather pay for my apps (or have them free sans advertising that is).

drawkcab
July 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
I just read app reviews online. Make sure you use google to filter for current reviews, e.g. the last six months or so.

About every month or so I make a list of about 20 apps and then demo them. Uninstall the ones you've replaced or don't want and keep the ones you like.

sffvba[e0rt
July 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
I just read app reviews online. Make sure you use google to filter for current reviews, e.g. the last six months or so.

About every month or so I make a list of about 20 apps and then demo them. Uninstall the ones you've replaced or don't want and keep the ones you like.

I feel your pain (recently got my first Android device). So far what has helped is talking to people that has had Android for a while and hearing what apps they use for specific things, Googleing and finding some top ten lists from various tech. websites and looking which apps have the highest downloads while still having the highest ratings (YMMV).