PDA

View Full Version : Do you find lenses useful? and which ones?

irv
July 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
I just started using some of the new lenses that are coming out. I was wondering what your thoughts are on them? Do you like them and do you find them useful?
Also, which ones do you Like/Use?

I am one that keeps up on new technological, so I like the news lens with the filter sci/tech.
I have been playing around with the Recipe lens.

hakermania
July 21st, 2012, 05:49 PM
I find dash in my laptop a little bit slow on launch (it doesn't give me the satisfaction of the instant launch, whenever I click on the windows key, it does about 0.5-1 sec to launch).

I used to use the calculator lenses though!

matt_symes
July 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
I like the "Ask Ubutnu" lens.

It's another good place to ask a question and it also has a load of other sites under the "all" filter such as stack exchange and cooking.

Great place to look up information.

madjr
July 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM
that depends.

a lot can be useful and/or serve as tech preview.

I still think that lenses have more potential, than they do now.

screaminj3sus
July 22nd, 2012, 01:18 AM
The wikipedia lense is extremely useful, I find it much quicker than searching wikipedia from my browser (and I even have a wikipedia search keyword setup in chrome).

Rottentomatoes lense is nice as well, quick way to see if a movie is crap or not!

Frogs Hair
July 22nd, 2012, 01:33 AM
I am trying the news lens, but forget it's there . It's a nice shortcut if something of interest is displayed.

codingman
July 22nd, 2012, 02:45 AM
It's nice but I still like it the power user way better. Plus, I no longer use Unity. It's a good idea, though.