PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unity netbook install randomly logs me off

jspike397
July 19th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Hello,
I have a install of Ubuntu 12.04 32bit LTS on my Asus eeepc 1005hab laptop. I am having a problem where I randomly get logged off of the unity interface to the lightdm login screen at random intervals. It is excessively annoying and I would like to have it fixed. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem also. I have no idea of what could be causing it. I am thinking maybe gnome-session is encountering an error and stopping. I am not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, so if I should of put it somewhere else please let me know.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Jspike397

jspike397
August 3rd, 2012, 06:34 PM
Bump

jspike397
August 29th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Update:
I found out that when I click switch user it does not happen. Just a curious tidbit of info.

Thanks for all your help.
Jspike397

Dunpostin
August 30th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I've had a similar situation where I would log in and Ubuntu would instantly log me out. All I had to do was remove the file called .Xauthority ,found in the user home folder. Not sure if it will solve your problem, but worth a try.

jspike397
August 31st, 2012, 01:15 AM
I have had problems with. Xauthority before, where I had the permissions wrong and it would not log me in, but what good would that do? Will it just make a new one?

Thank you for your help.
Jspike397

jspike397
November 21st, 2012, 03:01 PM
A while later, I fixed this thread. I am running on a slow netbook, which I really push to the limits. Now, what I do is I have a CPU monitor at the top of the screen and before I sleep my computer I make sure that it is not using 100% of the CPU when sleeping so that when I bring it back up, I do not overload it and cause it to log out.

Hope this helps anyone.
Jspike397