PDA

View Full Version : Real coffee on Cafe

Jorel
July 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Hi guys,,

Sorry to waste your time on reading this kinda non-sense post of mine,, but im just thinking, will there be a Coffee shop named after "Linux" or more something like "Ubuntu"? because i always see beneath our user name different type coffee class like "5 cups", "Tall" etc... will it be nice to actually see a coffee shop serving that kind coffees (like Starbucks)?

and probably Distro users will always be there, having conversation personally with some ideas and even problems...

Just wondering, i just love mocha frapp with chocolate chips...

Thanks guys...

Linuxratty
July 19th, 2012, 05:19 PM
There is one in Florida actually.
Can't remember where but it's been discussed on our forum,Linux Internationals.

Grenage
July 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
i just love mocha frapp with chocolate chips...

You coffee-murdering heathen; get out, out out out!

;)

irv
July 19th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Ubuntu Mugs

http://www.zazzle.com/ubuntu+mugs

cbennett926
July 19th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I just kinda main line espresso grounds and get my day going, on my way to class I stick a caramel machhiato IV in, that normally gets me through till night time with I have to switch bags to the black blend so I can at least get some shut eye for about 5 minutes.

QIII
July 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I keep a bowl of ground coffee on my desk and munch on it dry.

That's how he-men do it.

Anyway...

Maybe someone should contact Canonical's legal department about using the name and graphics. "Ubuntu Beans" cafe? And advertising campaign slogan like "Because Starbucks ain't open souce!"

odiseo77
July 20th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Maybe someone should contact Canonical's legal department about using the name and graphics. "Ubuntu Beans" cafe? And advertising campaign slogan like "Because Starbucks ain't open souce!"

That would be a good idea as long as people don't start asking for free (gratis) coffee at the cafe. It would be bad for the business ;).

epikvision
July 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Coffee's great to keep us warm and cozy and restless throughout the day. mhm. :D

Jorel
July 20th, 2012, 12:09 AM
There is one in Florida actually.
Can't remember where but it's been discussed on our forum,Linux Internationals.

wow really?? is it only there or there are more around the world? hope they branch it out more....

"Because Starbucks ain't open souce!"

that's very catchy... =D>

t0p
July 20th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I keep a bowl of ground coffee on my desk and munch on it dry.

That's how he-men do it.

Why grind the beans? I prefer to roast 'em then chew 'em up. Oh yeah!! Crunchy!!!

Jorel
July 20th, 2012, 12:19 AM
prefer to roast 'em then chew 'em up. Oh yeah!! Crunchy!!!

like almonds?? vanila frapp with choco chips with ground almonds....

irv
July 21st, 2012, 03:35 AM
When I'm on the road and hit the coffee shop, I don't mind not using open source (pay for my coffee), so I can get on line with my open source OS.

Jorel
July 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
is there any "Linux Coffee shop" in the Asia??

irv
July 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM
is there any "Linux Coffee shop" in the Asia??

I think no matter where you are there are coffee shop with people, most using Windows or Mac OS, but you will find a few Linux user, but not as many as I would like to see. That's sad, they don't know what they are missing. We Linux users should walk around in a coffee shop and see how many Linux user there are and post it here. It would interesting to see that number.

Linuxratty
July 26th, 2012, 01:23 AM
wow really??

Yup,here is your link;

http://linuxinternationals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6162&p=48363&hilit=Linux+cafe#p48363

Jorel
July 26th, 2012, 05:33 AM
wow,, so nice to see that,, hope they branch it out also somewhere else... if they allow me, i like to have a branch of it also somewhere in Guam or in the Philippines... there's also a bunch of Distro users there,, i think they will like it...

PaulInBHC
July 26th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I've had some dark chocolate covered Kona beans that were very good.

Jorel
July 26th, 2012, 07:41 AM
is that Kona one of the most expensive coffees in the world?

Nixarter
July 27th, 2012, 05:07 AM
If you use that first logo, I dunno how the upstreamers will feel about open-sourcing their recipes :p

irv
July 27th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I was in a coffee shop in a small college town yesterday and I looked around at what people were using for OS's on their laptop and netbooks. (saw a few just using phones and tablets. The bulk were using Macbooks. My granddaughter is starting college there and the school gave her a choice of a Windows PC or a Mac. Most kids seem to go for the Mac. (Sorry no Linux). That's the problem with the world. You would think that you would find the smart ones in schools.
I was the only one in the coffee shop using Linux. Most people are amazed when they see Ubuntu Linux on my laptop screen and bar none no one seems to know anything about it. One time I found a fellow using a Netbook with Ubuntu Linux.

Jorel
July 27th, 2012, 07:21 PM
you know guys,, most of my friends knew that Linux are for hackers and wierdos only... sad to hear,,