PDA

View Full Version : New User

stevem
March 16th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Hello. I have just switched from a different flavor of Linux to Ubuntu and must say that I am highly impressed. The set-up and configuration went smooth as well as the nvidia driver install (the main reason I switched was constant problems in other flavors). The only issue I have is a lock-up problem which I should resolved soon enough.

As having used almost every version of Linux available and knowing the communities difer, can anyone reccomend a good place for software downloads. It may seem odd to ask but I value the opinions of the others using the same version that I do. It can help prevent many headaches in the future.

Thank you in advance

telmo
March 16th, 2005, 06:44 AM
As having used almost every version of Linux available and knowing the communities difer, can anyone reccomend a good place for software downloads. It may seem odd to ask but I value the opinions of the others using the same version that I do. It can help prevent many headaches in the future.

What kind of software do you need? Have you tried Synaptic (the program)? It has loads of software...

bored2k
March 16th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Hello. I have just switched from a different flavor of Linux to Ubuntu and must say that I am highly impressed. The set-up and configuration went smooth as well as the nvidia driver install (the main reason I switched was constant problems in other flavors). The only issue I have is a lock-up problem which I should resolved soon enough.

Thank you in advance
This is like Alcoholics Anonyms:
"Welcome steve" .

Software downloads? Enable universe multiverse and hoary backports in package manager . A couple of thousand apps to play with. No compiling needed ;).

gnome-files.org , freshmeat.net, sourceforge.net

telmo
March 16th, 2005, 06:46 AM
LOL... i forgot!

WELLCOME STEVE!

Do we have group hugs?? :)

bored2k
March 16th, 2005, 06:49 AM
I haven't been invited to none yet :( . I guess we'll have to start our own.

Whos with me!? :-P

telmo
March 16th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Let's do it! Just round up and get your ass to PORTUGAL! LOL

bored2k
March 16th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Let's do it! Just round up and get your ass to PORTUGAL! LOL
Why cant you come to the Caribbean? We have beaches and sexy women and sun! lol

telmo
March 16th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Caribbean??? WOW! Ok... you win! :mrgreen:
(do you think he installed the software by now?) O:)

bored2k
March 16th, 2005, 07:08 AM
Caribbean??? WOW! Ok... you win! :mrgreen:
(do you think he installed the software by now?) O:)
Hes probably scrolling down multiverse/universe apps rofl.

telmo
March 16th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Oh well.... it's 6 A.M. here. I think i should be going to bed...

bored2k
March 16th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Oh well.... it's 6 A.M. here. I think i should be going to bed...
Later .

We gotta get on that custom brew ubuntu thing btw, it would be awsome.