PDA

View Full Version : Question about human cyborg assaulted in Paris McDonald's

HappinessNow
July 18th, 2012, 09:37 AM
reference: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/07/17/world-first-human-cyborg-speaks-after-assault-in-paris-mcdonalds/

The article states: "The current generation EyeTap, which runs on customized WearComp OS"

Is WearComp OS a Linux based OS?

Paqman
July 18th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but a couple of quick searches could have found this info for you.

Wikipedia indicates Steve Mann/Wearcomp's site is wearcomp.org, you can search on Google for a specific string within a site by putting something like this into the search:

site:wearcomp.org linux
and when you do you get hits like this: wearcomp.org/faq.htm, which mentions Linux specifically.

HappinessNow
July 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but a couple of quick searches could have found this info for you.

Wikipedia indicates Steve Mann/Wearcomp's site is wearcomp.org, you can search on Google for a specific string within a site by putting something like this into the search:

site:wearcomp.org linux
and when you do you get hits like this: wearcomp.org/faq.htm, which mentions Linux specifically.Thanks Paqman, when a thread is started like this it is usually also to illicit further dialog beyond a basic Google search.

There is a wealth of intellectual discourse that can be contributed to this thread, beyond my initial OP on the subject matter (article). Perhaps I could have worded it differently to make it more inviting?

mr john
July 22nd, 2012, 05:52 AM
He went all the way to Paris, a paradise for gourmet food lovers, and chose to eat at McDonalds? Yes, I have many questions :-)

forrestcupp
July 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
All I want to know is was it number 1 or number 2? :D

I have a hard time believing this story.

ikt
July 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
I have a hard time believing this story.

Shame on OP for linking to foxnews.

mips
July 22nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Do androids dream of REAL burgers?

forrestcupp
July 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
This is like the wimp version of Robocop. :)