PDA

View Full Version : how to make KDE panel aplets?

Copter
June 24th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Hi!

does anyone know how to make panel aplets (like clock) in KDE? i just need to know how to make simple "Hello World" program in C / C++ that i could add to main KDE panel (like Klipper, K Menu...).

where should i start searching / reading. previously i used Superkaramba for this but now i would like to know how to make stand-alone KDE application.

thnx for any help!
copter :]

psychicdragon
June 24th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I'm fairly certain KDevelop has a project template for a KDE panel applet. That may be a good starting point.

Copter
June 24th, 2006, 06:31 PM
thnx for help. unfortunatly i couldnt write or test anything found at kdevelop.org . tutorials provided there arent uptodate. they dont compile on kubuntu 6.06 with standard repos.

kdevelop panel applet template is also useless. it creates 50+ files (total 1mb) without any info which file what does. looking on google ive found loads of forum topics where people also complain about it. as i can see there are no user friendly how to's nor documentations aviable at the moment. maybe thats why KDE is still full of bugs.

any other ideas?
copter :]

UPDATE

KDevelop stopped being useless after installing following packages:

kde-devel
kde-devel-extras
xorg-dev

and probably switching to KDE 3.5.4

I still think this IDE is far away from being noob friendly... (comparing to Code::Block that works out of the box)