PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] boot failure

abijosh
July 15th, 2012, 08:51 PM
dear all,
i've installed ubuntu precise pangolin using windows installer. i was dual booting ubuntu and win 7. few days ago i had a boot failure and my lap just said 'unable to boot - restart now'. i used a win 7 repair disk and rectified the problem 'temporarily' by booting my lap with win 7 only. please guide me to enable/rectify the dual boot again so that i can use ubuntu also.

Basher101
July 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM
dear all,
i've installed ubuntu precise pangolin using windows installer. i was dual booting ubuntu and win 7. few days ago i had a boot failure and my lap just said 'unable to boot - restart now'. i used a win 7 repair disk and rectified the problem 'temporarily' by booting my lap with win 7 only. please guide me to enable/rectify the dual boot again so that i can use ubuntu also.

"using the windows installer" i assume you used the WUBI install? Ubuntu then installs on a virtual partition created within windows. Sadly i have no expirience with WUBI whatsoever so you will need to wait until someone with knowledge sees your thread.

Alternativeley, make a new thread that clearly says WUBI in the title, that way someone who knows more about WUBI will be likeley to help

regards

abijosh
July 16th, 2012, 06:55 AM
thanks Basher101.. i'm gonna re install ubuntu using bootable cd..