PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Troubel with 12.04 install

Pensfan112
July 15th, 2012, 04:29 AM
So i'm pumped to finally install and start using ubuntu but i'm having trouble with my install. Whenever i try to install when it starts to load after selecting to install onto a hard disk i get a screen that say: ram disk: couldn't fin valid ram disk image starting at 0.
Then it says
kernel panic- no syncing: ver: unable to mount root fs on unknown block.
I get this with every selection when booting from cd or thumb drive and they work on other computers. I'm not sure where to start. I'm going to check on a bios update first if that doesn't work i have no idea what to try next. Thanks for the advice ill check back tomorow.

nothingspecial
July 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades.

Pensfan112
July 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Just an update i updated the bios to the newest version with the same results, so i'm not sure what else to try now.

linuxfan247
July 16th, 2012, 10:46 PM
So i'm pumped to finally install and start using ubuntu but i'm having trouble with my install. Whenever i try to install when it starts to load after selecting to install onto a hard disk i get a screen that say: ram disk: couldn't fin valid ram disk image starting at 0.
Then it says
kernel panic- no syncing: ver: unable to mount root fs on unknown block.
I get this with every selection when booting from cd or thumb drive and they work on other computers. I'm not sure where to start. I'm going to check on a bios update first if that doesn't work i have no idea what to try next. Thanks for the advice ill check back tomorow.
you should be glad cuase I had a brand new disk that would not load it stops @ the loading screen where you "Ubuntu" and the blinking dots wich is where it stops and freezes. I have ubuntu 12.04 lxfe remix with multiple distros on it. I am still looking for help.