PDA

View Full Version : UPDATES totally mess up my system!!

pastet89
July 13th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Hi
I would like to ask are the updates tested before they are sent or not and why are being sent updates which are HARMING my system.?!?
At the end, this is somtehing I am not looking for, this is something which is appearing to be done, like bonus, like optimisation of the system, and I am clicking "update" in order to get these "optimisations".
SO what I get.... Today is the second time after update in which my Chrome is craching like *** :@.
This is the fastest browser and now I can not use it, I am using the slower MOzilla.
Why are these updates sent?! Better do not send them, they are not optimizing anything, they are only making mess and harm! I have never asked for them, they are coming like a "big bad surprise" from time to time to make my life so crazy.

I hope there will be some updates soon to fix this awful things that happened last night. I have nothing to loose now. I will update, because I can not get worse (at least I hope). If I get fix, I will NEVER MORE DO ANY UPDATES!
System: Ubuntu 10.04 32 bit

MG&TL
July 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hi
I would like to ask are the updates tested before they are sent or notYes, they are. How thoroughly depends on how badly the package could harm a system if it malfunctions. It's generally very difficult to update something in Ubuntu once a version has been released.

and why are being sent updates which are HARMING my system.?!?We try our best, but at the end of the day, it's a community-based effort and it's only as good as the people testing the updates. If you want to make it better, go and help.

At the end, this is somtehing I am not looking for, this is something which is appearing to be done, like bonus, like optimisation of the system, and I am clicking "update" in order to get these "optimisations". That is generally what Ubuntu aims for, yes.

SO what I get.... Today is the second time after update in which my Chrome is craching like *** :@. Not Ubuntu's problem. Google chrome adds its own PPA upon installation, and updates itself via that. Ubuntu doesn't provide updates for Google; go and take it up with google if you've got a problem with that.

This is the fastest browser and now I can not use it, I am using the slower MOzilla.Matter of opinion and situation; Mozilla is faster for me.

Why are these updates sent?! Better do not send them, they are not optimizing anything, they are only making mess and harm! I have never asked for them, they are coming like a "big bad surprise" from time to time to make my life so crazy.
You're not being forced to update. If it's that much of a problem, don't update.

I hope there will be some updates soon to fix this awful things that happened last night. I have nothing to loose now. I will update, because I can not get worse (at least I hope). If I get fix, I will NEVER MORE DO ANY UPDATES!
Bad idea. Updates try and fix bugs, patch security holes, and generally make things better.

System: Ubuntu 10.04 32 bithttps://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

You've got another year, and then you don't have to worry about updates anymore.