PDA

View Full Version : Opera 9 NoScript equivalent

Thoop
June 23rd, 2006, 03:47 PM
I wondered if there is a NoScript equivalent for Opera 9, because I just started using opera (Firefox takes way too much memory and cpu) and I liked the NoScript extension in firefox very much.

x64Jimbo
June 23rd, 2006, 03:50 PM
Opera is not nearly as extensible as firefox because it's closed source. I haven't seen anything like that. Have you tried using one of the optimized versions of firefox, like SwiftFox?
http://getswiftfox.com/

Thoop
June 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
testing Swiftfox now, I hope I won't get those annying connection problems I had with FF :)

Alpha_toxic
June 23rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
try this:
tools > preferences > advanced > content > uncheck "enable Java Script"
this will disable JS globaly
then for every site that you want to run JS
right-click somewhere > Edit site preferences > Scripting > check "enable Java script"

Opera is not extensible... :lol:
first - it is
second - it has nothing to do with it beeing CS or OS
and third - why do u need extensions when u have it all built-in? or you feel the need to reinstal them all with every new version and waste hours with compatability problems? not to mention the bloat after the N-th extention...

bruce89
June 23rd, 2006, 04:17 PM
and third - why do u need extensions when u have it all built-in? or you feel the need to reinstal them all with every new version and waste hours with compatability problems? not to mention the bloat after the N-th extention...
It's the same thing idea that Epiphany has, it has official extentions, and you just activate them in Tools>Extensions, - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany-extensions.

Thoop
June 23rd, 2006, 08:44 PM
try this:
right-click somewhere > Edit site preferences > Scripting > check "enable Java script"

already tried that, but doesn't work, java script keeps enabled :( but swiftfox works nicely and I like both Opera and Swift/Firefox but both have their downsides (the newsfeeds in opera are really nice)

I think I will stick to swiftfox because I really like extensions :)

jreinis
June 15th, 2008, 07:53 AM
try this:

Opera is not extensible... :lol:
first - it is
second - it has nothing to do with it beeing CS or OS
It does not work as should be. buggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polygon
June 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM
if opera has everything built in, then why is he asking for an opera equivalent of noscript?

Barrucadu
June 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Ahem, I can confirm that "tools > preferences > advanced > content > uncheck "enable Java Script"" does work, because I just did that and clicked the quick reply button on this forum to test it. The quick reply button took me to the normal reply page, rather than activate the quick reply textarea, so it worked.

Colonel Kilkenny
June 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
It does not work as should be. buggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it does.

if opera has everything built in, then why is he asking for an opera equivalent of noscript?

You're replying to a thread from year 2006.

Ahem, I can confirm that "tools > preferences > advanced > content > uncheck "enable Java Script"" does work, because I just did that and clicked the quick reply button on this forum to test it. The quick reply button took me to the normal reply page, rather than activate the quick reply textarea, so it worked.

Yes, and on site preferences you can allow Javascript per-site-basis and that works as well.

Btw. If those builtin methods (mentioned above in this thread) are not enough, another builtin feature might be a solution.
UserJS:
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=205858

jreinis
June 21st, 2008, 11:03 PM

You should NOT to TEST but like me USE opera in ONE year, after such expirience you CAN say it DOES work.... Hmm It only forbids scripts and plug-ins BUT it's not what Firefox plug-in was implemented - I can customized also by site but you really should use a LOT of website after that it best to SEE OncE not to write/speak a lot of threads. So, resume is , Opera has a capability but a very ugly!

cardinals_fan
June 21st, 2008, 11:06 PM
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=205858

LABcrab
August 28th, 2010, 04:53 PM
French Canadian users press:

F12 + V
to enable/disable JavaScript on demand.

US English users press:

F12 + J
to enable/disable JavaScript on demand.

The exact shortcut will vary, depending on the locale you selected. This is the quickest way to enable or disable JavaScript on demand. Try it out!

For example, disabling JavaScript stops YouTube videos from playing.

MadCow108
August 28th, 2010, 07:16 PM
you can also add the disable to a toolbar of choise by using the powerful extensible opera buttons:
http://operawiki.info/CustomButtons

e.g.
Button10, "Enable javascript"="Enable javascript, , , "JS", "Transfer Failure" > Disable javascript, , , "JS", "Transfer Loading""

same of course also works for java and flash

CJ Master
August 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM
New horror movie out:

The thread that JUST WON'T DIE.

MadCow108
August 28th, 2010, 07:39 PM
well it shows up in google it will always reappear from time to time, get over it.
It might as well contain useful information