PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual monitors not saving

johnsd
July 11th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Seems to be a common problem!

I have just upgraded my system from an Intel Core Duo to an AMD F1A55-M motherboard and an A8 3870 APU. Rebooted and all is fine except the second monitor has to be set up each time I start the PC. Video is Radeon HD6000 series.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks
John

johnsd
July 11th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Actually all the settings are still on for the dual monitor setup - but the second monitor does not work until they are set up again.

Also I have set the power settings to "Do not suspend". When I returned after some time, both screens were receiving no signal and the system would not return an image to any screen.

johnsd
July 22nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Also I have set the power settings to "Do not suspend". When I returned after some time, both screens were receiving no signal and the system would not return an image to any screen.

Seemed to have solved the second part - there was a setting in the BIOS for power saving that needed to be changed to allow the system to wake (one would have thought this would be on by default).

johnsd
October 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Hi

Still not solved. Apart from the above two issues (dual monitors not saving and sometimes refusing to come back to life after sleeping) there are other seemingly related issues:

1. Sometimes when the GUI loads the mouse does not work. When you shut down from the KB, you can hear the HDD unmount but the screen still has power to it and the power is still on the system unit (i.e. not a complete shutdown).

2. On odd occasions the system does not boot completely - both screens have the background purple colours for a while then they shut down with the system unit still going. No amount of fiddling will produce a login screen or a command prompt screen.

All this points to video issues to me - any ideas appreciated.

John