PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help with UNITY 3D theme

alan21276
July 10th, 2012, 07:13 PM
This is my first post looking for help, I've managed to successfully find all the solutions to my ubuntu 10.04 issues over the past year either on here or by Googling.
I've recently installed 12.04 and after a few tweeks here and there....mostly nvidia driver stuff and xorg config issues, I've finally managed to get the unity 3D desktop to work and after hating unity to begin with I'm now loving it.
The one thing I'm having trouble with is finding a theme that I like, I've tried several GTK3 themes but none of them are exactly what I'm looking for and I lack the know how to modify or create my own theme.
What I do like is the unity 3d theme it's self i.e. the right click menu style and the transparency/blur effect (cant seem to recreate this exactly with ccsm).
My question is......does anyone know of such a theme?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Frogs Hair
July 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM
There isn't much that can be done with transparency in GTK 3 themes other than what the Compiz settings provide. As you may have discovered darker themes look better than light with transparent context menus and tool tips. I have 40 themes and don't have anything like you're looking for.

alan21276
July 10th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Yeh, so I've discovered. I've played around with emerald themes for better transparency but they are way too glitchy for me. Some of the malys GTK3 themes and engines have elements of what I'm looking for but they don't tick all the boxes. With unity being drawn by compiz you would think there would be a way to reuse it's theme/effects.......I'll keep looking.
Thanks anyway.