PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to install templates in ubuntu 12.04

tushar maroo
July 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I have Ubuntu 12.04 , and it have a option called templates, but it is showing that no templates installed , so how to install templates?

critin
July 10th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I have Ubuntu 12.04 , and it have a option called templates, but it is showing that no templates installed , so how to install templates?

Where do you see this? Which program?

tushar maroo
July 10th, 2012, 07:06 AM
on Desktop:
File-->Create New Document-->No templates installed

Pinoy Tux
July 11th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Templates are nothing more than boilerplate files you put in the ~/Templates folder. Quite useful whenever you find yourself in a situation where -- for example -- you regularly create documents that must contain a common formatting (page setup, font, etc.). Or if you write shell scripts (see this example (http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=77483#p451194)) and you want every script to contain standard documentation that you'd rather not retype over and over again, then you can put one in your ~/Templates folder.

The next time you do File > Create New Document... your boilerplate template file will be listed. Select it, rename the file and open.

tushar maroo
August 2nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Templates are nothing more than boilerplate files you put in the ~/Templates folder. Quite useful whenever you find yourself in a situation where -- for example -- you regularly create documents that must contain a common formatting (page setup, font, etc.). Or if you write shell scripts (see this example (http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=77483#p451194)) and you want every script to contain standard documentation that you'd rather not retype over and over again, then you can put one in your ~/Templates folder.

The next time you do File > Create New Document... your boilerplate template file will be listed. Select it, rename the file and open.
yeah Pinoy Tux, This thing really helped i put three of file formats empty files in my Templates folder and it automatically appears as a new document in the option menu.
and also it renames the file, so you do not need to rename it every time.