PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea for flash on linux!

afixane
July 10th, 2012, 03:23 AM
According to this (http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/02/adobe-and-google-partnering-for-flash-player-on-linux.html) post, Flash for non "Pepper" API just will stuck in 11.2, but newer version will be available in Google Chrome or "pepper", so this thing give me an idea.

Google chrome include "libflashplayergc.so". It's a built-in flash player for chrome, using "Pepper" API. Then, my idea is make a program, in this case, Web browser, umm, i mean, very small web browser with "Pepper" API, that'll use the "libflashplayergc.so" to display flash content. Then, make a frefox plugin, using "NPAPI", to call the program, to display the flash program!

Now, my question is :
1. Is this possible?
2. If this possible, what programming language that should i learn?

haqking
July 10th, 2012, 03:43 AM
According to this (http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/02/adobe-and-google-partnering-for-flash-player-on-linux.html) post, Flash for non "Pepper" API just will stuck in 11.2, but newer version will be available in Google Chrome or "pepper", so this thing give me an idea.

Google chrome include "libflashplayergc.so". It's a built-in flash player for chrome, using "Pepper" API. Then, my idea is make a program, in this case, Web browser, umm, i mean, very small web browser with "Pepper" API, that'll use the "libflashplayergc.so" to display flash content. Then, make a frefox plugin, using "NPAPI", to call the program, to display the flash program!

Now, my question is :
1. Is this possible?
2. If this possible, what programming language that should i learn?

or you could just install flash.

MadmanRB
July 10th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Well I dont see why there cant be a way to make some sort of firefox extention to support the pepper api, or just do the iOS thing and render flash as html5.
If apple can make a wrapper for html5 to make flash work on a iphone then so can linux

screaminj3sus
July 10th, 2012, 05:34 AM
or mozilla could get off their high horse and add pepper api to firefox.