PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] MySql crashed on upgrade from 10.04 to 12.04

bhasina
July 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hi,

I recently upgraded my server from 10.04 to 12.04 LTS

Everything went smooth except my MySQL wouldn't work now. I keep getting the following error:

ERROR 1524 (HY000): Plugin 'none' is not loaded

I get the above error whenever I do

mysql status

I have tried to do a fresh install of MySQL but it continues to give the same error. I cannot login to the server using

mysql -u root -p

as it gives the same error.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

lukeiamyourfather
July 9th, 2012, 05:42 PM
When you reinstalled MySQL did you purge the previous? It deletes the associated configuration files as well.

sudo apt-get purge mysql

If you haven't already be sure to have a backup of the databases before doing anything else. :shock:

bhasina
July 9th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Yup. Purged it but still the same!

And yes I do have the backup of the /var/lib/mysql folder :)

jopa1234
December 29th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Just had a very similar problem.

Doing a routine server package upgrade after not doing one for a few months. Mysql 5.5 borked. No users can login, same error as above. "Plugin 'none' is not loaded".

I am reporting this because I don't see anyone else talking about this particular issue yet, and I finally cured it in my case.

Upgrading to:
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.28, for debian-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 6.2

From a slightly older version not sure exactly about 5.5.22 which is the version on another box I last upgraded about the same time.

For some reason that I don't think is anything I installed, there was an extra column in the mysql.users table named 'dtcowner' which apparently is connected to "Domain Technologie Control" which I don't recall using. Maybe something I tried and removed but I doubt it.

I don't have time to track down all of the "why?" now, but I dropped the column restarted mysql server and it fixed it.

There is a similar bug reported here:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=60432

But this little chatroom snippet is what led me to the problem.
http://bots.wmflabs.org/~wm-bot/logs/%23wikimedia-labs/20120827.txt