PDA

View Full Version : Unable to do even basic Clang tutorial

nyknicksfan
July 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I'm trying to do the tutorials at:

https://github.com/loarabia/Clang-tutorial/wiki/TutorialOrig

and I can't even do the first tutorial. I installed LLVM 3.1 and Clang 3.1 and when I do:

~/loarabia-Clang-tutorial-3d79443$ clang++ tutorial1.cpp In file included from tutorial1.cpp:5: In file included from ./llvm/Support/raw_ostream.h:17: ./llvm/Support/llvm/ADT/StringRef.h:13:10: fatal error: 'llvm/Support/type_traits.h' file not found

include "llvm/Support/type_traits.h"
^
1 error generated.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? I'm not sure what is the best way to handle this header file problem.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.

Thank you.

dwhitney67
July 9th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Based on the information you posted, I would guess that you need to include a hash-mark before the include directive. Something like:

+---- Hash mark
|
v
#include "llvm/Support/type_traits.h"

nyknicksfan
July 9th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Based on the information you posted, I would guess that you need to include a hash-mark before the include directive. Something like:

+---- Hash mark
|
v
#include "llvm/Support/type_traits.h"

The problem is not about a missing hash mark... thanks.

11jmb
July 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
It's really hard to tell what the problem is with so little information. perhaps you could share how you attempted the build or relevant lines from the source files in question?

ofnuts
July 10th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I'm trying to do the tutorials at:

https://github.com/loarabia/Clang-tutorial/wiki/TutorialOrig

and I can't even do the first tutorial. I installed LLVM 3.1 and Clang 3.1 and when I do:

~/loarabia-Clang-tutorial-3d79443$ clang++ tutorial1.cpp In file included from tutorial1.cpp:5: In file included from ./llvm/Support/raw_ostream.h:17: ./llvm/Support/llvm/ADT/StringRef.h:13:10: fatal error: 'llvm/Support/type_traits.h' file not found

include "llvm/Support/type_traits.h"
^
1 error generated.

Do you know what I am doing wrong? I'm not sure what is the best way to handle this header file problem.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.

Thank you.
Depends where "llvm/Support/type_traits.h" has been put on your disk. If it's under "/usr/include" then use brackets instead of quotes:

#include <llvm/Support/type_traits.h> else find a way to specify a user include path to clang and make it point to the parent directory of "llvm"