PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Skype won't re-install in 12.04 due to Jack-lib

Flash Kid
July 8th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Good evening, all. Well, I really need help on this, but I don't know where to begin. Starting about yesterday, I had troubles running Skype. It would cause my computer to freeze, so I thought, "well I'll uninstall and reinstall, maybe a file is corrupted." However, when I try to reinstall, dpkg fails and gives me this messsage:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/libjack-jackd2-0_1.9.8~dfsg.2-1precise1_i386.deb: './usr/share/doc/libjack-jackd2-0/buildinfo.gz' is different from the same file on the system

My machine is 64-bit and I had attempted before to install the Jackd2-0:i386 package a long time ago because certain codecs for playing VCDs weren't working. However, the package was broken, so I had to completely remove it. But now, I don't know what on earth to do. I wish I knew how to give more information, but I don't. Please help.

Flash Kid

Flash Kid
July 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Nevermind for now, I suppose :S I ran apt-get and installed all of the updates, then reinstalled Skype, and for some reason now, it runs fine! Sorry for causing a ruckus, I just hate it when I can't figure stuff out. :p