PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Dash Home - Cant find Application

MadMonkey1966
July 5th, 2012, 09:21 PM
When i click the Dash Home button and type the name of an application, it does not show up.

Before i ungraded to 12.04 it was on here, and even if i go to the Software Centre it tells me it is installed. I have had no problem with any other app.

Could someone please advise me on a way to find out where it is, or why it is not showing up please :confused:

Thanks in anticipation.....

cariboo
July 5th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Most applications, if installed using the software centre, synaptic, apt or dpkg, are located in /usr/bin.

Frogs Hair
July 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Make sure the application is 12.04 compatible also . If you had a Gnome 2 version of Ubuntu prior to upgrade the application may no longer be compatible or there is a newer version which need to be installed.

MadMonkey1966
July 6th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Most applications, if installed using the software centre, synaptic, apt or dpkg, are located in /usr/bin.

Thanks for the reply cariboo907 :)

I have looked in there, and no joy. I went to Software Centre and un-installed it, and installed it again. It says it has installed, but still does not show up anywhere :(

I will find another game. Its not major issue, just a game i love Amazons (Gamazons on here).

Thanks for your time :cool:

MadMonkey1966
July 6th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Make sure the application is 12.04 compatible also . If you had a Gnome 2 version of Ubuntu prior to upgrade the application may no longer be compatible or there is a newer version which need to be installed.

Frogs Hair, many thanks for replying.

I think maybe that is the answer, although i have no ides how to check if it is compatible or not.

I have un-installed it, and installed it again. It says it has installed, but still does not show up anywhere :sad:

Could you explain how i check to see if there are any newer version about please ;)

ianp5a
July 6th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I had a problem where many programs were not showing up after upgrading. I deleted/moved many of the .hidden files in the home folder and that cured it.