PDA

View Full Version : clone ccsm settings?

chelmite2
July 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I want to copy my ccsm settings from one computer to another. How do I do that?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Krytarik
July 5th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I want to copy my ccsm settings from one computer to another. How do I do that?
For that, you can just use Export / Import under "Preferences (lower-left) -> Profile" in CCSM. :P

Regards.

chelmite2
July 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Excellent! Thanks!

That allowed me to export the settings in a file.

I copied the file to my other system, used the import function, but the settings hadn't taken effect!
For example, under General/Focus & Raise Behaviour, I had "auto-raise" unchecked. However, in the imported system, the box was still checked!

Krytarik
July 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I copied the file to my other system, used the import function, but the settings hadn't taken effect!
For example, under General/Focus & Raise Behaviour, I had "auto-raise" unchecked. However, in the imported system, the box was still checked!
Maybe choose to not "skip default option values" on exporting!?

chelmite2
July 5th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I figured that would be useful (and the option wasn't hidden), but it didn't work.

Krytarik
July 5th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I figured that would be useful (and the option wasn't hidden), but it didn't work.
Another way would be to 'dump' the respective profile's GConf keys to a file:

gconftool-2 --dump /apps/compizconfig-1/profiles/PROFILENAME > FILENAME... and import them on the target system/user:

gconftool-2 --load FILENAMENotes: That path is for Ubuntu versions starting with Natty 11.04, for earlier versions it's just "compizconfig". And at least in Lucid 10.04, the profile stored in GConf is always the one that's not selected at that time, don't know if that's the same in the current Ubuntu versions.

Frogs Hair
July 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM
If this is a Unity profile it may need to named as such . The following is from an OMG Ubuntu article. I exported a Compiz configuration had to do this when importing the changed configuration.

Where it says “Please enter a name for the new profile:”, enter, “unity”. Then select add. At this point compiz will probably restart, don’t worry, this is normal… I think. Once Compiz has reloaded, you can test your new configuration .