PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Please help!!!

ctpuckett
July 4th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I installed icoGEN 0.3.1.. It did not work. Now, after trying to uninstall it, I cannot update anything. I found some "solutions" abroad that did not work at all. I tried to reinstall the software to no avail, and I cannot install anything otherwise. Please help

anewguy
July 4th, 2012, 10:38 PM
What kind of error message(s) are you getting when you try to install something else? Are you using the package manager to do it?

ctpuckett
July 5th, 2012, 02:44 AM
synaptic:
E: icogen: subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1

Ubuntu Software Center:
installArchives() failed: (Reading database ... (Reading database ... 5% (Reading database ... 10% (Reading database ... 15% (Reading database ... 20% (Reading database ... 25% (Reading database ... 30% (Reading database ... 35% (Reading database ... 40% (Reading database ... 45% (Reading database ... 50% (Reading database ... 55% (Reading database ... 60% (Reading database ... 65% (Reading database ... 70% (Reading database ... 75% (Reading database ... 80% (Reading database ... 85% (Reading database ... 90% (Reading database ... 95% (Reading database ... 100% (Reading database ... 219612 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing icogen ...
rm: cannot remove `/usr/share/icoGEN/data/': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing icogen (--remove):
subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
icogen

You have to configure "localepurge" with the command

dpkg-reconfigure localepurge

to make /usr/sbin/localepurge actually start to function.

Nothing to be done, exiting ...

You have to configure "localepurge" with the command

dpkg-reconfigure localepurge

to make /usr/sbin/localepurge actually start to function.

Nothing to be done, exiting ...

(tried to localpurge and honestly, I do not understand it. It is telling me to get rid of files that do not start with a double letter, so on and forth.....I hate to be lacking in knowledge, but damn - this is a real *** pain)

Here was a suggestion which failed as well:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1566679

ctpuckett
July 5th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I figured out what to do. It was really not that difficult.

In terminal:
gksudo gedit /var/lib/dpkg/status

find the package and delete it. Make sure a space is left between the previous and following entries and save it. That is all!
Now all updates are working fine and synaptic is working as normal.:p

codingman
July 5th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Set this thread as solved from the drop-down list in the top right corner marked "Thread Tools"