PDA

View Full Version : Application for Membership - Youknowme

youknowme
July 4th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I also wish to apply for ubuntu membership as i use the forums a lot now.
Thanks

spynappels
July 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM
You may want to have a look at the following thread about applying for membership:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1750642

Elfy
July 4th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hi - good luck with the application.

Please though, be aware that admins expect
Membership of the Ubuntu community means recognition of a significant and sustained contribution to Ubuntu and the Ubuntu community. as can be seen in the various wikis regarding membership.

In regard to Ubuntu membership via forum contributions - this is not as often measured in posts but in how long you have contribute, I for instance waited 2 years.

Kind Regards

youknowme
July 9th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hi - good luck with the application.

Please though, be aware that admins expect as can be seen in the various wikis regarding membership.

In regard to Ubuntu membership via forum contributions - this is not as often measured in posts but in how long you have contribute, I for instance waited 2 years.

Kind Regards

so as you waited 2 years that is the rule? This is not fair people are just getting their mates to say 'good luck'. I can join any real open source project and do real programming work. i doubt that these so called members even know what a framebuffer is.

This is a little elite club were the moderators get their kicks from closing threads - wow - internet tough guys. I will not waste anymore of my time here now that i understand how it works.

Oh i forgot to ask - membership to do what? moderate the forums? If that is the sought after prize well, good luck to those who have ambitions to do that.

overdrank
July 9th, 2012, 01:13 AM
On that note I will close this thread.

s.fox
July 9th, 2012, 02:49 PM
For the community:

Member was banned for insulting language aimed at the moderation team in another thread.