PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you are bored out of your mind?

youknowme
July 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I am bored and cant seem to focus on anything these days - except watching trash on tv.:(

Elfy
July 4th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Decide whether to close really daft threads or leave them for a while ...

:)

msammels
July 4th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I tend to, you know, what TV or something :P Maybe you can learn piano, and we could jam together :D

QIII
July 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Respond to really daft threads before Elfy closes them.

codemaniac
July 4th, 2012, 03:33 PM
sitting idle on a terminal .

ls -l

clear

codemaniac
July 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Respond to really daft threads before Elfy closes them.

:lolflag:

haqking
July 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM
if elfy has closed the thread before i had time to respond then i just read someone elses email, that or phone my parents.

blackbird34
July 4th, 2012, 03:43 PM
read an absolutely enormous book, a sure-fire way of falling asleep. Dreams are way more interesting :D

neu5eeCh
July 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM
The first approach is to throw out the TV.

1.) Brute force boredom removal: Recursively delete a random directory in your file system. :mrgreen: I' m happy to offer suggestions. Guaranteed to offer you hours of fun and education.

2.) A much gentler method: Install the Debian Testing branch and make it look and work like your Ubuntu install with all the same PPAs, apps and additions.

3.) Linux from scratch. ;)

psyclechick
July 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Bored? Get outside and do some excercise...its actually very good for stimulating the mind as well as the body. Beats sitting in front of the rotten TV!!

Personally I get out on either my mountainbike or roadbike - never bored when you go for a ride somewhere, anywhere ;)

nothingspecial
July 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Reopen really daft threads that Elfy closes.

Phrea
July 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Reddit.

Grenage
July 4th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I dream of those days, when boredom was a possibility!

QIII
July 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Read all really daft posts written since the last time I looked and then ask Elfy to re-close really daft threads that nothingspecial has re-opened.

malspa
July 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Come to the Ubuntu forums and look for daft threads to read.

youknowme
July 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Bored? Get outside and do some excercise...its actually very good for stimulating the mind as well as the body. Beats sitting in front of the rotten TV!!

Personally I get out on either my mountainbike or roadbike - never bored when you go for a ride somewhere, anywhere ;)

Thats true - I like going to the gym but it's hard for me to feel motivated at the moment. I will try and go training tomorrow.

Easy Limits
July 4th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Youtube!

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 4th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I was just bored earlier. So, I was looking at the 12 pages of SPAM bans that Iowan has made in the last 3 hours. I am trying to learn the process of detecting spammers.

Until I became staff a few days ago I had no idea just how may spammers are hitting the forum.

KiwiNZ
July 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I am bored and cant seem to focus on anything these days - except watching trash on tv.:(

I will help you, I'll close this thread for you, now see that switch on TV and PC, flick them and walk through that thing that is called a front door, wow, see that, it's a whole World out there for you to enter.

ENJOY

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 4th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Thread closed by KiwiNZ reopened.

Just like this post suggested.
Reopen really daft threads that Elfy closes.

lisati
July 4th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Lament the passing of one free-to-air TV station, happy in the knowledge that it has been replaced with a "+1" version of another station that I sometimes don't watch.

Nixarter
July 5th, 2012, 12:14 AM
I will help you, I'll close this thread for you, now see that switch on TV and PC, flick them and walk through that thing that is called a front door, wow, see that, it's a whole World out there for you to enter.

ENJOY

It's true! I read about it on the news this morning!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/scientists-discover-portal-to-outside-world,10184/

Face-Ache
July 5th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Lament the passing of one free-to-air TV station, happy in the knowledge that it has been replaced with a "+1" version of another station that I sometimes don't watch.

Yeah, i used to watch TVNZ 7 quite a lot, it was the 'go to' channel for my wife and I. Really sad to see it go. Sent a few emails to the relevant Ministers, signed the Save TVNZ 7 petition, went to a meeting here in Hamilton to show my support, all to no avail.

What really gets me about it, is that they close TVNZ 7, but keep TVNZ U?!?!? :) Oh well, been watching a bit of Choice TV, not as good as TVNZ 7, but way better than TVNZ U.

I tend to find a project if i get bored - i'm generally an "active relaxer" :p My latest projects are making this old laptop i've inherited usable again, and bringing back a truly dead red-ringed old Xbox 360 back to life (going to try an oven-bake of the motherboard today to try and reflow the solder under the GPU, should be fun).

Sometimes, i just sit on my bum and play videogames. Maybe go for a walk, get some fresh air.

Or rant on internet forums! :D

Nixarter
July 5th, 2012, 01:04 AM
league of legends when I'm feeling bored and lazy

When I'm just bored, but feeling productive, I find projects. I was about half-way through converting my truck to run on wood instead of gasolene before I moved, so I had to scrap it. There isn't really nay room to do anything big like that here in cali, so I ordered a Raspberry Pi. It will be here in a few weeks. Hopefully that'll keep me busy. I'm open to other ideas, though. Someone suggested getting on craigslist and partnering with a nearby church to gather up used computers and repair them for the needy... but I'm afraid that might take too much time.

KiwiNZ
July 5th, 2012, 01:34 AM
@ the OP if you are bored the staff could play ban ping pong:evil::P:)

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 5th, 2012, 02:27 AM
@ the OP if you are bored the staff could play ban ping pong:evil::P:)

However, it is time for me yo get to sleep, and I have to work tomorrow.

Maybe someone else can play.

leclerc65
July 5th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Let's see:
1- Play with my 4G eeePC - install a new distro then put back to the original state (Lubuntu 10.04). It takes only 5 min to clone the hard disk, restore takes even less.
2- Go for a walk
3- Open iGoogle and start surfing anything from patent lawsuits to the Higg boson
4- Reach for my ebook reader
5- Play with my iTouch
6- Meditation

JDShu
July 5th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Pick a hobby and become proficient in it. The magic number is 10,000 hours of practice - no time to waste!

sanderella
July 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Go out and do some gardening. Mow the lawn, prune the trees and shrubs, plant out your annuals in tubs. This will cheer up the neighbourhood and make you feel good. :KS

forrestcupp
July 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM
If you're bored, just go sit in the corner and do nothing for the rest of the day to show boredom that you are tougher than it is.

3- Open iGoogle and start surfing anything from patent lawsuits to the Higg boson
Until next year, when they kill iGoogle off. ;)

Catapa
July 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Tinker with my Raspberry Pi.

nec207
July 6th, 2012, 04:06 AM
I like to play video games and read or go school but it vey hard to do any thing do to I have ADHD to do much of any thing I like or want to do.

sffvba[e0rt
July 6th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Close random threads as that seems to be the new thing to do...