PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unity Launcher and Writer icon: problems

palimmo
July 4th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Hello. In recent days I have noticed a strange behaviour.
When I start Writer (I haven't lock its icon on the launcher), it can happen that:
a) it is not listed between the applications in the launcher (and even in the ALT-TAB window there is a "hole");
b) may be in the launcher but lower down, with a grey area between the last icon and the Writer icon.
I'll post some pictures to clarify.
Ideas?
Thank you!

palimmo
July 4th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I have also reported it as a bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1020909

msammels
July 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Have you guys tried clearing out your Unity settings? While it could be a bug, it could just be a corrupt setting somewhere, or annoying cache. Like I say, I'm not 100% sure on this, so it quite probably is a bug.

palimmo
July 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Have you guys tried clearing out your Unity settings? While it could be a bug, it could just be a corrupt setting somewhere, or annoying cache. Like I say, I'm not 100% sure on this, so it quite probably is a bug.
I don't remember to have changed something recently.... Which kind of setting should be?

msammels
July 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM
If you haven't changed anything, it could simply be the icon cache has become corrupted, for whatever reason. In this case, it wouldn't be a setting, but more of a cache issue. Or, as you maintain a bug. :)