PDA

View Full Version : vmware virtualization

RAV TUX
June 22nd, 2006, 07:43 AM
So i was about to install VMware Virtualization on XPsp2 when it posed a question about disabling CD-ROM autorun, if I do this will this screw things up for my wife when she wants to play Diablo or any of her other games?

I ended the installation and thought I would pose the question here.

jvl
June 22nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
What does this have in common with linux or ubuntu? VMWARE support would be the right place to ask!

It won't break anything, the actions specified in autorun.inf on the cd just won't be executed upon inserting the CD.

mstlyevil
June 22nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
She can still execute the game from the menu.

jvl
June 22nd, 2006, 09:45 AM
That's exactly my point :)

RAV TUX
June 22nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
What does this have in common with linux or ubuntu? VMWARE support would be the right place to ask!

It won't break anything, the actions specified in autorun.inf on the cd just won't be executed upon inserting the CD.
I test out Linux Distros and I have thought about using VMware to do this.

My wife could go through the Menu but why would I want to add extra steps for her that wouldn't be nice and not a recipe for a good husband to make his wife happy.

Now as far as your your other smart question:

this is the Ubuntu Cafe part of the forum meant for general chat and NOT rude responses.

I have been using Ubuntu for about a year now and here is the only place to ask, this is my Ubuntu, my community. Not some random forum with a bunch of strangers, I ask here because I consider many community members here friends and this is the first and only place I turn to advice for!

VMware also runs on Linux and many Ubuntu users here use multply OS's incuding XPsp2, OS X, and other OS's.

Why would I go anywhere else with my question?

I want advice from a trusted source and the Ubuntu forums is the best source online. I trust and prefer advice from my fellow Ubuntu users or those who come here and don't use Ubuntu but find the community the friendliest online and most reliable for kind and honest advice.

RAV TUX
June 22nd, 2006, 01:37 PM
She can still execute the game from the menu.

So it shouldn't be a problem then?