PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Xubuntu 12.04.1 and Linux Mint 13 XFCE, which is more stable ?

giratina3693
July 3rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
In July, Xubuntu 12.04.1 and Linux Mint 13 XFCE are going to be released. I would like to know which is more stable than another one because my parent are using Ubuntu 10.04, which is very stable but remains one more year support. My parent do not know how dangerous the Internet is (viruses, spywares, etc) so I chose Ubuntu. I want a stable distribution which doesn't show any bugs when I'm not at home and my parent don't know how to deal with it.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my bad English.

Megaptera
July 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
They are both worh considering. Why not let your parents try the live CDs for Xubuntu, Mint Mate edition and Mint Cinammon edition and let them choose which layout / menu they prefer?
Those distros all have their roots in Ubuntu.

rai4shu2
July 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
If your main concern is stability, then I would suggest that you move to Debian Squeeze. Bugs are very rarely a problem with that distrobution.

black veils
July 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
If your main concern is stability, then I would suggest that you move to Debian Squeeze. Bugs are very rarely a problem with that distrobution.

+1

but regarding your question, xubuntu has been very stable for me.

giratina3693
July 12th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Marzata
January 13th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Xubuntu 12.04.1 is times better than Linux Mint 13 Xfce. Linux Mint has messed repositories, wrong flash installation, limited software center resources, and many more flaws. The 32 bit version of Linux Mint 13 Xfce did not detect the 4 GB RAM and did not install PAE module. Don't waste your time with Mint, install Xubuntu. Xubuntu is the best and the most elegant Linux distro at the moment.

Max Blyss
January 13th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Xubuntu 12.04.1 is times better than Linux Mint 13 Xfce. Linux Mint has messed repositories, wrong flash installation, limited software center resources, and many more flaws. The 32 bit version of Linux Mint 13 Xfce did not detect the 4 GB RAM and did not install PAE module. Don't waste your time with Mint, install Xubuntu. Xubuntu is the best and the most elegant Linux distro at the moment.

I second this motion!

Xubuntu is definitely out in the front of the pack. My favorite for sure.