PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 12.04 having update issue.

kojimasnake
July 3rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
My power had been out for 4 days due to severe weather. My laptop had been in suspend when the power went out. When the power came back i let my laptop charge. I turned it on, everything loaded up great I thought. Then u got a weird message saying something about a partial update or upgrade i cant really remember. Also I now have a theme issue as well. Unable to see items in drop down menus when i hover the mouse over them. Anyone have any clue what has happened.

dino99
July 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
uninstall then reinstall that theme

raja.genupula
July 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
uninstall then reinstall that theme

+1 and dont go for partial upgrades ever . That will take your system to unstable state .

prshah
July 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Then u got a weird message saying something about a partial update or upgrade

If you are getting a message about partial upgrades, it only means that the update manager is not able to resolve a certain update situation.

Using the Terminal (Dash-Terminal) give the command
sudo apt-get update When it is finished, give the command
gksudo update-manager Refresh (Check) if required, and install if you get no errors.

if you get the error about a partial update again, please proceed. Subsequent to the completion of the partial update, please repeat the above steps. The situation should resolve itself, but you may have to "partial upgrade" multiple times.

On the other hand, if you are facing errors with an interrupted update (apt-get update gives an error about dpkg) then please run the command
sudo dpkg --configure -a to complete the interrupted update.

Please post back with error details if it is not fixed.