PDA

View Full Version : A cry for help. Please Read.

*^kyfds(
July 3rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
I'm quoting this directly from a guy I play with online, from this forum (http://www.orangedefense.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62614&hl=hernia) (alas - you have to register to see it)
This guy's an awesome (if not slightly wierd) person, and i'd very much appreciate it if you read this.

the entire game community is trying to spread this, but we're still nowhere near close enough to our target.

Hello ODN [the forum], I have a massive favor to ask of you today.

Irl, I have an inguinal hernia, kind of bad. I've been trying to deal with it for going on 5 years now. While I actively search for employment, I haven't found anything, and most jobs I get interviews for turn me down over the hernia.

The government won't give me assistance outside of food stamps.

My family cannot afford insurance.

Local charities are not able to help.

My family is also insanely poor, apathetic, and has the fiscal discipline of a 6 year old in a candy shop.

Basically I've run out of options, entirely, that don't involve hurting myself.

As such, TimLee and Letub started this for me:

We are 5% of the way there. Not terribly impressive but I have faith that it can be pulled off. I intend to ask all of GATO, her allies, and every other community I know.

I understand nobody is obligated to help me here, especially like this. I ask though for any help possible, because honestly I have nothing left but this as an option. This hernia is ruining my life and I need help dealing with it.

Thank you, even if all you did was read this, and lots of love,
Lanore.

I've already donated.

Thanks,

thehumorouscheese.

nothingspecial
July 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
While it seems a worthy cause, this is not really the place.

If everybody did similar it would be as bad as spammed advertisments.

Closed.