PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] AOL STILL hasn't reformed its customer service practices. . .

RavenOfOdin
June 22nd, 2006, 02:11 AM
I was just watching MSNBC a couple of minutes ago, when this story was played back, and . . .Holy crap.

As if it weren't bad enough to be associated with AOHell in the first place, I can now find something new to laugh at.

http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/aol/the-best-thing-we-have-ever-posted-reader-tries-to-cancel-aol-180392.php

http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/top/aol-apologizes-for-infamous-cancel-call-182067.php

What do y'all think about this?
Should we call AOL up and tell them we won't let them refuse to distribute software for Linux now? :p

Come on. . .21 to 45 minutes to cancel a f***ing service. . .This is just insane.

x64Jimbo
June 22nd, 2006, 02:21 AM
Are you actually surprised? I made my family leave that sheisty service long ago.

rado_london
June 22nd, 2006, 02:32 AM
Are you actually surprised? I made my family leave that sheisty service long ago.
I did the same. Now I have NTL and it is briliant compared to the AOL.

jason.b.c
June 22nd, 2006, 02:39 AM
What do y'all think about this?
Should we call AOL up and tell them we won't let them refuse to distribute software for Linux now? :p

Come on. . .21 to 45 minutes to cancel a f***ing service. . .This is just insane.

Having worked at AOL's Jacksonville Call Center for 2 years, I can safely tell you I was fired for NOT doing exactly what that AOL ***(ociate) was doing...

Someone once said "Please cancel my account." I took that at face value and cancelled the account... three weeks later I was fired!

Good. You should have been fired.

When a customer calls to cancel, it is the company's duty to find out why.

Yea thats because they won't let you off the darn phone without trying to get more of your hard earned money for their lousy stinkin' service...!!

This phone recording is funny.! (http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/top/the-best-thing-we-have-ever-posted%3A-reader-tries-to-cancel-aol-180392.php)

raffytaffy
June 22nd, 2006, 02:42 AM
AOL is evil....has been since late 80's early 90's...time warner is failry good for the east coast...not sure about the west coast...

woedend
June 22nd, 2006, 03:01 AM
Here's my AOL tale. I was using AOL on top of broadband a few years ago, paying 21 a month. I called to cancel and the guy say "oh, no you just need to pay 9.99, and ill give you 3 months free to keep it". So I say fine...call back in 3 months to cancel and guess what, I have to pay an early termination fee of(i think 100$, maybe more). Why? because when I changed to the 9.99 plan I apparently have to stay on for a year. I called many times and got so angry and told them I would give them the money if they showed me where I signed. Finally one guy took it down to 20$, then agreed to drop it altogether. Next month, I get a threatening letter about 20$. So I called back, they apologize, said it's done. Next month, they took 20$ out of my account. I was so angry I decided that high blood pressure and punching things wasn't worth 20 bucks, so I let it be.
Don't use AOL.

rado_london
June 22nd, 2006, 03:05 AM
Yea thats because they won't let you off the darn phone without trying to get more of your hard earned money for their lousy stinkin' service...!!

This phone recording is funny.! (http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/top/the-best-thing-we-have-ever-posted%3A-reader-tries-to-cancel-aol-180392.php)
I loved the recording. Thats why when I speak with that type of CS I am a bit rood, keep on the topic and swear sometimes when nessesary. I su*king hate stupid not speaking english at all customer support.

RavenOfOdin
June 22nd, 2006, 04:29 AM
Oh. . .

Uh, did I ever tell y'all that while fixing a PC for my neighbor (across the street, at that time) I found a couple of rootkits placed in his system folders by the AOL software itself? :p

woedend
June 22nd, 2006, 05:29 AM
Heh...I think 90% of people on the internet have used AOL at some point. Back in the 2.5/3.0 days it wasn't all bad. The connection itself sucked, but for many it was all we could use. The newer versions kept getting worse and worse software wise, to the point where its hard to remove now(I had to remove it from a computer I was working on)

Kernel Sanders
June 22nd, 2006, 10:48 AM
What are you all talking about?

I'm on AOL broadband right now. I access their network through a router so I dont have to use their crappy software, and I have to say, its cheap, unlimited broadband, with NO downtime, and I am consistantly getting the speeds that I signed up for with NO slowdowns!

As an ISP, AOL rules!

I dont care about their customer service because I never have to call them, not in 5 years of use!

rado_london
June 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
What are you all talking about?

I'm on AOL broadband right now. I access their network through a router so I dont have to use their crappy software, and I have to say, its cheap, unlimited broadband, with NO downtime, and I am consistantly getting the speeds that I signed up for with NO slowdowns!

As an ISP, AOL rules!

I dont care about their customer service because I never have to call them, not in 5 years of use!
Did you pay extra for having router and letting more computers use it. That's what I had to do in order to get my 3 computers online. And you are lucky you dont have the software. Once installed you can remve it with windows reinstall ahahahahaha.