PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Medibuntu update issues

ray field
July 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
I've tried everything I can think of -- instructions for installing GPG keys, changing the source download location, ticking off source code -- but I can't seem to get Update Manager to update these. Every time I try, I get the "Requires installation of untrusted packages" popup - under details, it gives

libavcodec-extra-53 libavformat-extra-53 libavutil-extra-51 libpostproc-extra-52 libswscale-extra-2

ray field
July 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
ba dump

raja.genupula
July 3rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
I've tried everything I can think of -- instructions for installing GPG keys, changing the source download location, ticking off source code -- but I can't seem to get Update Manager to update these. Every time I try, I get the "Requires installation of untrusted packages" popup - under details, it gives

libavcodec-extra-53 libavformat-extra-53 libavutil-extra-51 libpostproc-extra-52 libswscale-extra-2

open your terminal and try to install . In terminal its going to give you the same thing , but here you can allow it by giving yes(Y).

Frogs Hair
July 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
The packages that are listed show up in synaptic , but the upgrade option is not applicable.Either I have the latest versions or the packages can not be upgraded yet.

ray field
July 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
open your terminal and try to install . In terminal its going to give you the same thing , but here you can allow it by giving yes(Y).

thanks, that worked. however, I feel like I should be concerned about trusting an application to update itself if the GPG key verification isn't up-to-date -- or should I?

raja.genupula
July 4th, 2012, 06:54 AM
thanks, that worked. however, I feel like I should be concerned about trusting an application to update itself if the GPG key verification isn't up-to-date -- or should I?

update your cache twice . one time with un-selecting all the check boxes in the Other software TAB at update manager settings . Then update the cache again by selecting all the check boxes from the Other Software TAB .

hope this gonna solve your issue .

ray field
July 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
update your cache twice . one time with un-selecting all the check boxes in the Other software TAB at update manager settings . Then update the cache again by selecting all the check boxes from the Other Software TAB .

hope this gonna solve your issue .

thanks -- that sounds logical.

I am going to wait until it happens again, however. for one thing, my list of PPA has 30 or 40 entries and a number are unchecked, so I'll need to keep track & right now it doesn't seem like a fruitful use of my time. will repost when the situation arises again.

raja.genupula
July 5th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Ok for now mark the thread as solved and in future if issue raises again , then you can bump this thread and unmark as solved .

Thank you :)

dino99
July 5th, 2012, 07:42 AM
thanks -- that sounds logical.

I am going to wait until it happens again, however. for one thing, my list of PPA has 30 or 40 entries and a number are unchecked, so I'll need to keep track & right now it doesn't seem like a fruitful use of my time. will repost when the situation arises again.

sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update

):P

ray field
July 5th, 2012, 05:34 PM
sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update

):P

WOW looking forward to trying this one, kind thanks!