PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Disabled Wireless

DMGrier
June 30th, 2012, 05:00 AM
So one day when I was at work my wife disabled her wireless, I do not know why but the problem that I am running into into now is it does not give me the option to re-enable the wireless when I click on the icon in the top right corner.

Any ideas? I would greatly appreciate it cause right now my wife is running a dual boot of Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7 and is currently liking Ubuntu more other then some issue like this.

mikewhatever
June 30th, 2012, 05:04 AM
You probably want to post the usual networking related outputs, like

lspci

ifconfig

rfkill list all

sudo lshw -C network

DMGrier
June 30th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks, as soon as I get home from work today I will gladly post all that for you guys.

mikewhatever
July 1st, 2012, 09:19 AM
Are you sure you are from Colorado? Judging by the number of hours you work, I'd say you are from Shenzhen, China, working for Foxconn.

DMGrier
July 2nd, 2012, 12:35 AM
Are you sure you are from Colorado? Judging by the number of hours you work, I'd say you are from Shenzhen, China, working for Foxconn.

Lol, I am sorry I forgot to post here again, I came home and my wife did a fresh install of Ubuntu cause she said she could not wait.

mikewhatever
July 2nd, 2012, 06:01 AM
Impressive, and complements to the lady.Sometimes, reinstalling is really easier then troubleshooting.