PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.04 Unity + threes screens

Animal0307
June 30th, 2012, 04:26 AM
I'm back to using learning Ubuntu after getting fed up with Windows once again. This time I'm using 12.04 64bit, ati 5870 and three 1280x1024 monitors. I'm pretty sure I have the AMD/ATI drivers installed properly, I followed this guide here (http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Precise_Installation_Guide#Generate_a_new_. 2Fetc.2FX11.2Fxorg.conf_file), and I can run CCC and arrange my desktops and all that. But now my problem is that the Unity toolbar is on the left side of each screen and I'd like to move it to only one screen possible middle bottom or far left. Is there a way to do that. I haven't done much tinkering yet but will here shortly

Another thing that has got me annoyed is when I switch from screen to screen the cursor hangs on the edge unless i'm moving fast, drag way far through it, or "double tap" the edge. A long time I thought this could be a cool idea but now I find it very annoying and gets in the way more than it help. Any ideas on this too?

Thanks
animal

msammels
July 4th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hey Animal0307,

oh boy, is this fun. OK - have you tried this with only two monitors? A lot of people seem to have trouble with two monitors at the moment, and if you can get it working with three, well, I'll applaud you, good sir. :D