PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] OS Downgrade - Can't find 2 packages

Manyette
June 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Not sure if this is the right place, so please relocate if not.
I have had to downgrade my OS and gone back to 10.10 (Maverick), which I thought would be easy. Turned out I was wrong. All went well until I tried to locate LibreOffice for Maverick and the Crack-Pushers Edgers binary video drivers for the Intel Sandy Brdige on my laptop.

Edit: Finally did find the LibreOffice for Maveick. Still unable to locate the Sandy Bridge Edgers for Maverick.

Can anyone point me to the correcct location of this one It would be much appreciated. TIA

wilee-nilee
June 28th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Not sure if this is the right place, so please relocate if not.
I have had to downgrade my OS and gone back to 10.10 (Maverick), which I thought would be easy. Turned out I was wrong. All went well until I tried to locate LibreOffice for Maverick and the Crack-Pushers Edgers binary video drivers for the Intel Sandy Brdige on my laptop.

Can anyone point me to the correcct location for these two? It would be much appreciated. TIA

10.10 is end of life you would be better with 10.04 as far as support and repos access.
http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2012/04/10/ubuntu-10-10-maverick-meerkat-end-of-life-reached-on-april-10-2012/

Manyette
June 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Hi wilee-nilee,
Thanks, but I am aware of that. However at this point my problem is twofold. 10.04 doesn't support my laptop screen resolution, and anything later has unity. No more be said on that score.

fbicknel
June 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I'm sure you know that you don't have to use Unity if you don't want?

On the login screen, set your environment to Gnome shell and you should be lookin' like Maverick.

12.04 works pretty well for me now: but I'm using Unity. I tried the Gnome shell, said to self, "Yup, looks the same," and returned to Unity.

Manyette
June 28th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Again, I am aware. Tried it and didn't like it. Too bloody slow!

Manyette
June 29th, 2012, 06:43 PM
<bump> Anyone ?

Manyette
June 30th, 2012, 02:04 PM
bump - Last try - anyone?