PDA

View Full Version : Is there a public forum to suggest ideas to companies?

ki4jgt
June 28th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Over the years I've had billions of ideas I've wanted to see come to life. Now it just bugs the heck out of me that I can't just get on a podium and shout them out to companies. I've had great ones too for instance how about a service which allows you to purchase a cellular frequency box which then channels all cellphone calls through the internet and into areas which have better cellphone service than what you have now. It could be peer to peer and the company could charge per box or it could be centralized and the company could setup in a few choice areas which have coverage from most of the major carriers.

Of course I wouldn't be greedy with it either. I love tossing this kind of stuff.

haqking
June 28th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Over the years I've had billions of ideas I've wanted to see come to life. Now it just bugs the heck out of me that I can't just get on a podium and shout them out to companies. I've had great ones too for instance how about a service which allows you to purchase a cellular frequency box which then channels all cellphone calls through the internet and into areas which have better cellphone service than what you have now. It could be peer to peer and the company could charge per box or it could be centralized and the company could setup in a few choice areas which have coverage from most of the major carriers.

Of course I wouldn't be greedy with it either. I love tossing this kind of stuff.

If you have an idea, copyright it.

Then seek VC for it and develop it or sell it.

That being said if i was you, i would finish redesigning the Internet, building your own router, and cycling across the US first, your schedule is hectic...LOL

</sarcasm>

Peace

ki4jgt
June 28th, 2012, 05:27 PM
If you have an idea, copyright it.

Then seek VC for it and develop it or sell it.

That being said if i was you, i would finish redesigning the Internet, building your own router, and cycling across the US first, your schedule is hectic...LOL

</sarcasm>

Peace

I am actually going to be able to scratch one of those off in a couple of weeks. :) challenge accepted BTW.

forrestcupp
June 29th, 2012, 12:59 AM
I've had great ones too for instance how about a service which allows you to purchase a cellular frequency box which then channels all cellphone calls through the internet and into areas which have better cellphone service than what you have now. It could be peer to peer and the company could charge per box or it could be centralized and the company could setup in a few choice areas which have coverage from most of the major carriers.They already have cell phone repeaters, and they don't require the internet.

</sarcasm>

Peace:lol: I was thinking pretty much the same thing.

I am actually going to be able to scratch one of those off in a couple of weeks. :) challenge accepted BTW.Which one? I've been wondering about what you're up to for a long time.

IWantFroyo
June 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Ah! You're back!

How did the cycling trip go?

Also, I think TED does a lot of this stuff. :|

QIII
June 29th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Do all that, huh?

From personal experience I can tell you some of those crazy things you do or want to change about the world when you are young pale in comparison to the desire to get rid of toe nail fungus when you are older!

Ms. Daisy
June 29th, 2012, 01:57 AM
From personal experience I can tell you some of those crazy things you do or want to change about the world when you are young pale in comparison to the desire to get rid of toe nail fungus when you are older! I spit my drink all over the screen when I read this. Hilarious. Aim high, my friend.

IWantFroyo
June 29th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Do all that, huh?

From personal experience I can tell you some of those crazy things you do or want to change about the world when you are young pale in comparison to the desire to get rid of toe nail fungus when you are older!

I was about to start laughing, but then I realized the chances of me getting this later on.

:(