PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] install in vbox in W7

antiluddite
June 28th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I want to install Ubuntu inside VBOX running on Windows 7.
I have successfully set up VBOX and now need some directions on installing the latest Ubuntu in it.

I have to keep Windows as I need to use DragonDictate voice-2-text, but want to be able to quickly switch to Ubuntu - especially for Internetting and for LibreOO superior doc handling and export ability under Ubuntu!

Great if I can use a shared Directory and access a file from either.

So people, how do I best/simply do this?

Cheers!

antiluddite
June 30th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I want to install Ubuntu inside VBOX running on Windows 7.
I have successfully set up VBOX and now need some directions on installing the latest Ubuntu in it.

I have to keep Windows as I need to use DragonDictate voice-2-text, but want to be able to quickly switch to Ubuntu - especially for Internetting and for LibreOO superior doc handling and export ability under Ubuntu!

Great if I can use a shared Directory and access a file from either.

So people, how do I best/simply do this?

Cheers!
Well, I did expect some action on this but....

I simply installed Ubuntu inside Vbox and basically using defaults got it all going.
AMAZING bonus! Dragon worked from the W7 install into VBox!
Hallelujah!
Not only that, I found a great little program called ZIM which works both ways and is AMAZING - (especially after watching an old vid on the Site of how to use it)

I do hope someone eventually sees this - I'd be happy to pass on some of the experiences as I'm getting them.
There are lots of little "gotchas" in setting yourself up in U12, but if coming from a ******* or BadApple experience, U12 will be nearly painless.

Cheers!