PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Still stuck...I NEED Bibles!!!

Jackalyn
June 27th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I downloaded Bible Time and Bible Xiphos from the software manager. They downloaded with no books in despite clicking on add ons and I also tried reinstalling. For some wierd reason I can access the Old Testament only of the Apostles Bible.

I used the terminal following instructions from someone on here and SOMEWHERE there is a KJV that I have downloaded but I cannot find it!

I can see no way to get what I do find if ever into the applications.

Does anyone have any idea how I do it. I keep following instructions to no avail and yes, I did click all the add ons in the software manager. Need any other resources as well. I am trying to edit an entire Bible course for someone and lots of other stuff with Bible references so would prefer not to be online for references all the time.

Oh....wierd. I think the entire KJV Bible is in the terminal. I press enter and from Genesis get it verse by verse..... How do I get it out of there????

Thanks. J

Frogs Hair
June 27th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Usually closing the terminal will stop the program. CLI based programs usually have a manual or man page and you can find that by typing the following .
man program name
The man page will describe how to navigate the program . I have found with CLI programs q= quit.

ajgreeny
June 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I downloaded Bible Time and Bible Xiphos from the software manager. They downloaded with no books in despite clicking on add ons and I also tried reinstalling. For some wierd reason I can access the Old Testament only of the Apostles Bible.

I used the terminal following instructions from someone on here and SOMEWHERE there is a KJV that I have downloaded but I cannot find it!

I can see no way to get what I do find if ever into the applications.

Does anyone have any idea how I do it. I keep following instructions to no avail and yes, I did click all the add ons in the software manager. Need any other resources as well. I am trying to edit an entire Bible course for someone and lots of other stuff with Bible references so would prefer not to be online for references all the time.

Oh....wierd. I think the entire KJV Bible is in the terminal. I press enter and from Genesis get it verse by verse..... How do I get it out of there????

Thanks. J
Hi again J

I can not give you an answer to this specific query about the bible packages, but can point you to a site and its specific page that will allow you to download the King James Bible in various formats that you can then read and deal with in a more normal manner,
http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/s#a65 for an author index of copyright free works.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10 for some versions of the bible which can be read in a number of applications.

Get the .epub version and you can then use fbreader (from software centre) to read it easily

Jackalyn
June 28th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Hi again J

I can not give you an answer to this specific query about the bible packages, but can point you to a site and its specific page that will allow you to download the King James Bible in various formats that you can then read and deal with in a more normal manner,
http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/authors/s#a65 for an author index of copyright free works.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10 for some versions of the bible which can be read in a number of applications.

Get the .epub version and you can then use fbreader (from software centre) to read it easily

Thanks that is really useful. I did solve my query in the end. I am not sure why the book manager did not appear before now - but it has and all now straight forward.

Blessings:popcorn:J

Jackalyn
June 28th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Usually closing the terminal will stop the program. CLI based programs usually have a manual or man page and you can find that by typing the following .
man program nameThe man page will describe how to navigate the program . I have found with CLI programs q= quit.

Thanks. Not sure but maybe somehow I did close the terminal. I did read the manual my problem was there seemed to be no way to the bookmarks manager. I have solved it now.

Blessings J

Jackalyn
June 28th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Just trying to work out how to say 'solved.'

I am still trying/////

Jackalyn
June 28th, 2012, 07:22 AM

I am still trying/////

baffled.....

Ah..........now I feel really stupid! Dunnit but now have no idea how to delete these posts.

westie457
June 28th, 2012, 07:28 AM

I am still trying/////

Click on 'Thread Tools' At the top of the page. One of the options you will find is ' Mark as Solved'.

Edit: Cross posted.
Posts cannot be deleted unless someone asks a moderator to remove them.

kdane4
June 28th, 2012, 07:30 AM
baffled.....

Ah..........now I feel really stupid! Dunnit but now have no idea how to delete these posts.

Hi jackalyn,

You cannot really delete posts but you can click the report abuse button on the left side of the post, type in that you want to remove it, and a moderator will do it for you..

Cheers!! :popcorn: