PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10, clean install updates not installing

Xtensity
June 26th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I just recently did a complete clean install on my Acer Aspire One 722 netbook of Ubuntu 10.10.

No updates will install.

I'm not getting any errors... but when I'm in the update manager, and I click install updates... it prompts for my password... then the password field will disappear and it will just sit on the Authenticate screen for 5-10 minutes until the update manager refreshes to show nochanges in the updates.

Then I'll click install update to try again... re-enter password, then the cycle repeats..... nothing happens.

plucky
June 26th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I just recently did a complete clean install on my Acer Aspire One 722 netbook of Ubuntu 10.10.

No updates will install.

I'm not getting any errors... but when I'm in the update manager, and I click install updates... it prompts for my password... then the password field will disappear and it will just sit on the Authenticate screen for 5-10 minutes until the update manager refreshes to show nochanges in the updates.

Then I'll click install update to try again... re-enter password, then the cycle repeats..... nothing happens.

Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop Version is no longer supported and the repositories were closed in April 2012.

See Ubuntu Wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases)

Ubuntu 12.04 is the current LTS release.

Good Luck

darkod
June 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM
10.10 is already out of support.

Is there any reason you don't want to use a more recent version?

Xtensity
June 26th, 2012, 11:05 PM
All recent versions after that do not work properly. Mainly in the wireless department for my netbook.

12.04 worked with the wireless but there is an unexplainable lag that comes with 12.04. Even when running classic gnome shell with no effects... and nobody has been able to give me any tips on how to improve performance.

I would have unity turned completely off and with nothing open, opening a web browser could take 10 seconds... when in all previous versions it would happen instantly. But all previous versions my wireless didn't work...