PDA

View Full Version : Add Permanent Links to My Signature

jmfal
June 26th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I've been trying to do this without asking but I would like to add links to stickies, how to use the terminal and stuff like that fao the newbies, because it semms that they don't want to do some research before they start asking questions.

I don't mind helping the newcomers to Ubuntu, I was one once upon a time, but I feel it would be easier for both sides if they could click on a link instead of typing the same thing 2,3,4,5, times a day.

thanks, jmfal

MG&TL
June 26th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I've been trying to do this without asking but I would like to add links to stickies, how to use the terminal and stuff like that fao the newbies, because it semms that they don't want to do some research before they start asking questions.

I don't mind helping the newcomers to Ubuntu, I was one once upon a time, but I feel it would be easier for both sides if they could click on a link instead of typing the same thing 2,3,4,5, times a day.

thanks, jmfal

"don't want to do some research"...probably should be "don't yet know how to do research"...but whatever.

Just go to your UserCP (top left on the bar thing), then go to "Edit signature". Add some links there. :)

jmfal
June 26th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks MG&TL,
I wasn't sure if it would put the links in the main reply or if it would end up by my user name, I'm sure nobody would see the links there.

jmfal
June 26th, 2012, 07:50 PM
"don't want to do some research"...probably should be "don't yet know how to do research"...but whatever.

That's the reason why I'M asking,they want to start using Ubuntu (I don't blame them) and they think there using a Mac ( just press this button and everything will be fine).

MG&TL
June 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks MG&TL,
I wasn't sure if it would put the links in the main reply or if it would end up by my user name, I'm sure nobody would see the links there.

Not a problem. :)

That's the reason why I'M asking,they want to start using Ubuntu (I don't blame them) and they think there using a Mac ( just press this button and everything will be fine).

Hehe, yeah, been there, done that. :lolflag:

Elfy
June 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks MG&TL,

They will be under your post's - like mine are.

jmfal
June 26th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks Elfy

jmfal
June 26th, 2012, 09:18 PM
While we are at it how do I make my link without the URL (TO be able to click on the text not the link below)

haqking
June 26th, 2012, 09:23 PM
While we are at it how do I make my link without the URL (TO be able to click on the text not the link below)

because it semms that they don't want to do some research before they start asking questions.
I feel this is a little ironic ;-)

</sarcasm>

P.s wait! is ironic the right word, cos ironically i never know when to use the word irony, guess i could google it but instead im being hypocritical ;-)

coffeecat
June 26th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Have a look at the BBCode link in my sig. You need tags. For your first link, this should do it:

Starting out with Ubuntu (ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1909108)

I'll let you work out the second one. :wink:

By the way the extra "http://" has poisoned your link in the first and I'm getting a WOT "This site has poor reputation..." message. This is nothing to do with ubuntuforums, but "www.http.com" that has crept into your link. The second link doesn't work.

jmfal
June 26th, 2012, 09:48 PM
yeah i know maybe i should do some more reshearsh b4 i ax a queshun

cariboo
June 27th, 2012, 05:37 AM
@jmfal, I fixed the broken link in your signature.

jmfal
June 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks for fixing my link Cariboo

I fixed it but forgot to save..

hovrashko
July 12th, 2012, 07:08 PM
For some reason i cant post quick replays and cant edit my profile, how can i do it?

I get message that i have less then 50 posts bla bla..

Elfy
July 12th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Please see - http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11206662&postcount=1

It is because you have less than 50 posts.

Quick reply will be something else - noscripts - you need to allow a yahoo api I think - not completely sure without searching this sub forum

jmfal
July 13th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Hey start your own thread