PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Software Store Image Issues

securitymeddler
June 26th, 2012, 09:10 AM
All,

I work in a pretty professional environment and only recently switched to Ubuntu 12. I was installing some software from the app center and took a lot of crap from our department lead for all the game advertisements etc that were on the main page of the software center. He understood it was beyond my control but asked that I get it filtered.

I hate to give up the value of the software center. I just need to convert the images to something safe for work or turn them off

Keep up the great work!

MG&TL
June 26th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I don't think this is possible. :(

However, you could try disabling third-party applications from the software sources, as this is where most of the games come from.

Alternatively, you *could* edit the source code to remove the huge banner at the top. But that might take a while...

There are also other platforms to install software from, if that's what you mean by the 'value'. Synaptic package manager is one (available from the software centre!), with a much more boring interface.

Meanwhile, why does he care so much?

Of course, you could always just use it when he's not looking...

mcduck
June 26th, 2012, 10:06 AM
If he's really only worried about you seeing pictures of stuff that isn't related to work, you could aloways use Synaptic Package Manager instead of the Software Center...It definitely has a professional, practical and boring user interface. ;)