PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Latest update to Firefox, cannot close popups

lister171254
June 25th, 2012, 03:32 PM
After the latest automatic update to Firefox, I cannot close any of the popup windows (including the About Firefox window). There us no bar on the popup to minimize/close, the window on the popups; only on the main window

Given that the is an Ubuntu spevcif version, I'm posting this here rather than with mozilla.

Following is a copy of the troubleshooting info

Application Basics

Name
Firefox

Version

User Agent
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1

Profile Directory

Open Directory

Enabled Plugins

about:plugins

Build Configuration

about:buildconfig

Crash Reports

about:crashes

Memory Use

about:memory

Extensions

Name

Version

Enabled

ID

Global Menu Bar integration
true
globalmenu@ubuntu.com

Ubuntu Firefox Modifications
true
ubufox@ubuntu.com

Important Modified Preferences

Name

Value

browser.cache.disk.capacity

browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run
false

browser.cache.disk.smart_size_cached_value

browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion

browser.startup.homepage
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID

browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone

dom.disable_window_move_resize
true

extensions.lastAppVersion

network.cookie.prefsMigrated
true

places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pa ges

privacy.donottrackheader.enabled
true

privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs
true

Graphics

Adapter Description
NVIDIA Corporation -- GeForce GTX 570/PCI/SSE2

Vendor ID
NVIDIA Corporation

Device ID
GeForce GTX 570/PCI/SSE2

Driver Version
4.1.0 NVIDIA 280.13

WebGL Renderer
NVIDIA Corporation -- GeForce GTX 570/PCI/SSE2 -- 4.1.0 NVIDIA 280.13

GPU Accelerated Windows

AzureBackend
skia

JavaScript

Incremental GC

Library Versions

Expected minimum version

Version in use

NSPR

NSS
3.13.4.0 Basic ECC
3.13.4.0 Basic ECC

NSS Util

NSS SSL
3.13.4.0 Basic ECC
3.13.4.0 Basic ECC

NSS S/MIME
3.13.4.0 Basic ECC
3.13.4.0 Basic ECC

lister171254
June 26th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Hmmm, I think it's a commbiz problem as the top panel on other windows is also missing.

Andrew_P
June 27th, 2012, 01:30 AM
If you think you have problems, Firefox 13.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.04.4 is now totally hosed. I can't get it to stay up for more than a few minutes at at time. It's constantly crashing with segmentation faults in libpthread-2.11.1.so, frequently even as it's trying to recover from the previous crash. Sometimes it appears to be restarting, but the GUI never comes up, and I find it is hung with futex_wait_queue_me in the waiting channel; the latter hangs never get reported to the Mozilla team, so they're sitting there fat, dumb and happy, deluding themselves that they've turned out a great product. SeaMonkey 2.x and Thunderbird for Linux have the same problem. I trace SeaMonkey's issues to the moment that the team decided to adopt the Firefox code base. It has gotten so bad in recent months that I'm ready to chuck all Mozilla products. :( At least Opera still works reliably when a Mozilla program hasn't caused memory corruption to make it, or the entire system, crash.

(SeaMonkey crashed no less than 25 times in the period that I wrote the above paragraph, including 3-4 futex_wait_queue_me hangs during restart, requiring it to be killed with System Monitor. I had Opera running, and it managed to crash it, too.) :(

It would be easy to blame my system, but no other programs on my Ubuntu box cause such problems. They all will run for days without a hitch, as long as a Mozilla program doesn't have a memory segmentation fault that brings them down.

Oldhacker
July 22nd, 2012, 01:32 AM
I have been experiencing the same condition when in YouTube. When I attempt to go to another YouTube video, the Popup not only appears telling me that I have been selected to be a winner of something, but it won't let you leave. I've tried clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner, or clicking on either option button in the popup with the same result: It takes you to another popup window. You can't exit YouTube either. The only way to escape is to close down Firefox from the Dash Icon on the side of the screen.

I tried YouTube in Chromium and there is no problem.
If this can't be rectified soon, good bye Firefox.