June 24th, 2012, 04:04 AM
PC Specs:
Nvidia gt force 230
8 core I7 1.73 Ghz
8GB Ram
(64 Bit Desktop)

Model and PC Name:

HP All in One TouchSmart PC 600 1365qd Model

link to see PC - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4343124

Problem: these touchsmarts are made to be used as a pc, and multimedia center with input connections, where i can plug in tv via a hdmi connection, and can also do this with a Console like ps3 or xbox.

with ubuntu, and all distros ive experienced so far, i WILL have sound when on the pc side of the machine, but once i switch inputs to TV (HDMI) the sound will not carry over, but i will have a picture as expected.

i know nothing about alsa or sound stuff, but when i looked into my sound prefs, there is nothing listed for hdmi, so im assuming this could be a driver issue? and this was not a problem on windows, so this makes me assume it could be a driver thing, but i do not know.

if you check the link ive post where you can see the pc, you can see the software it came with, but i am unsure if that will help if any at all. i have been trying to fix this problem with all linux's for 3 years, and yet has anyone been able to help in the slightest way and come up with a answer.

any advice or help would be forever appreciated.