PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 398 updates

DCheck2
June 23rd, 2012, 11:44 PM
I just got ubuntu 11.10 installed on my computer when I started it up there were 398 update totaling 120 megabytes it told me to restart and I'm looking at the splash screen that has been up for close to 20 minutes is it safe to restart this or will it take a while for all those updates to install

darkod
June 24th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I don't understand. First the updates will finish installing and after that it can ask you to restart. If it asked you already, the installing of updates should be finished and if you restart it should load ubuntu.

Unless something went wrong.

DCheck2
June 24th, 2012, 12:09 AM
well after I sat there for another few minutes I hit the escape button and it showed a series of things and then in the 1 it said failed and then when I tried restartin I think I use control alt delete and that it went through and when it restarted said that there was 0 space on hd 0 there was no video and there was something else I was missing, I hadnt ealize when I posted that it hadn't an actually restarted yet all it would shown was the splash screen It was doing something in the backround but I couldn't really figure out what please forgive my typos I'm using a very cheap android phone that doesn't like a qwop rating with non mobile sites