PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Configuration issues

silvagroup
June 23rd, 2012, 08:20 PM
After upgrading to 12,04 me configuration has changed and the change is very annoying.

Could some one please help getting me to get this resolved, the problem is very apparent in the attached screenshot, need to change font for the colunms the only time can see the text is if I select the column, annoying !!!! Worked fine until upgrade something was over written and all attemps to change have been totally fruiless. Just want font to be black against white backgroun seem like it should be simple fix, not sooooo.

Thanks in advance.

zombifier25
June 24th, 2012, 08:50 AM
First off, open "Appearances", select default theme to Ambiance. Additionally, remove the folder .themes in your home folder, if any.

If that doesn't work, install a tool like MyUnity or Ubuntu Tweak (which will detect all themes on your computer) and choose Ambiance from there

silvagroup
June 26th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Ok did try the different themes already, the only ones that really make a appreciable difference are the High Contarst themes. I don't expecially like them but at least all the panels within the windows are usable, not sure what good deleting the .themes folder would do othet than delete user themes.
Could spend days trying to figure this out but it would probably be easier to just do a backup and do a fresh install, just thought there was an easy config setting to change and make it really easy.
Have the same theme on my desktop with no issues, even after upgrades. Annoying !!!!!!
Thanks alot for the suggestions.

silvagroup
June 28th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Solved the problem, well worked around it.
Installed Gnome 3 which in itself did nothing, then installed new theme, that did the trick.