PDA

View Full Version : What should I do, hire a developer for a new software or Should I Buy a new software?

Adrian98
June 22nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
I need a Software for my Sales audit but The requirements are bit different, so What should I do, either Hire a Software developer or Buy a new software from any Software vendor? I have limited budget but i don't want to make useless expense on some sort of general software!
please help!

Thanks in advance for your Opinion!

aromo
June 22nd, 2012, 04:48 PM
I have limited budget

If you have a limited budget, you are better off using an off-the-shelf program and work around your specific needs.

A developer *MAY* tailor the package to suit your needs but it will take time (both the developer's and yours by testing) to get it to the point of acceptance.

That's my 2 cents.

|{urse
June 22nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
From time to time I've needed to use rent-a-coder (now vworker) and had great results. You simply post a description of what you're wanting and how much you're offering to pay.

http://www.vworker.com/

Might save you some $.

Grenage
June 22nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
There are some very talented people out there, who unfortunately, are very desperate for work; you can often get a good deal. 'Off the shelf' solutions are a safer bet.

Dr. C
June 22nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
If there is a Free Libre Open Source software product that does most but not all of what you need then I would hire a developer to customize that product to your needs.

There is no need to code the whole thing from scratch and if you hire a developer to do this most of the work and cost will be to re invent the wheel and only a small part will be for your specific customizations.

KiwiNZ
June 22nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
With a limited budget get off the shelf. You know what you are getting, it's documented, tested and probably reviewed.