PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Wacom Intuos 3 Pointer Not Visible

mindtravel3r
June 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Edit: Moving this post to the Wacom Thread

Hi Folks,

I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 as a VM using VirtualBox on a Windows 7 Host. I am pretty green when it comes to Ubuntu. I can get to a command line and I understand basically what it is, but I have no practical experience using it.

Here's my problem. I have a Wacom Intuos 3, and a Microsoft wireless mouse. Both devices are recognized by the system and I can change settings in the System Settings. The tablet drivers appear to be working. I am seeing pressure sensitivity in Krita and can draw in the program. The problem is that the mouse and the tablet seem to be acting independently. The pointer is only visible for the mouse. There is no pointer for the tablet. If I left click (using the tablet mouse) I can see the location of where the tablet pointer should be, and that is in a different location than where the mouse pointer is.

In my Windows 7 environment, the two are integrated and the pointer is shared between them. That would be the ideal, but I could live with two pointers. Does anyone know how to get the pointer visible for the tablet device?

Thanks,

David

Kazimieras
July 19th, 2012, 09:29 PM
There is a hack for seeing the mouse pointer. Turn on your mouse trails :)