PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Right click not working in classic Gnome Shell Ubuntu 12.04

hbaromega
June 20th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I have installed classic gnome shell in the Ubuntu 12.04. I'm running compiz as well with effect.

However, The top panel bar doesn't open any option after right click! I mean, options like "add/remove to panel" should have come.

Also the auto-hide option is not apparent and switching to another workspace doesn't work (when I switch, it shows a blank desktop only, without any panel).

However, these problems don't occur at all when I use the normal (without effect) gnome version.

Is there any fix?

When I googled, I found some instruction to set "/apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel_screen0/auto_hide true " using gconftool. But In my system,
I couldn't find any "toplevel" subdirectory inside /apps/panel . Have I missed something to install?

Thanks a lot.

ccrs8
June 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I think you need to hold down alt when right-clicking in classic gnome now to get the panel options.

hbaromega
June 20th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I think you need to hold down alt when right-clicking in classic gnome now to get the panel options.

Sorry, I tried that. It's still not working. :(

Frogs Hair
June 20th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Try the Super or Widows key + Alt + Right Click and also check to see if the shortcut/s are activated in system settings > keyboard > shortcuts. You may have conflicting key bindings with Compiz installed.

hbaromega
June 20th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Try the Super or Widows key + Alt + Right Click and also check to see if the shortcut/s are activated in system settings > keyboard > shortcuts. You may have conflicting key bindings with Compiz installed.

Thanks a lot, Frogs Hair.

Super+ Alt + Right Click serves the purpose. :)

Now what about the workspace issue? I cannot get any panel when I click to another workspace. Also getting back to the original workspace becomes tricky (I get it by right clicking and then clicking on the change desktop option, which shouldn't be the standard way).

Hope a simple solution exists.

pabloikba
June 25th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I also cannot get panels in other workspaces.

bongbong
September 6th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 in a Desktop PC. In my mouse, the right click and scroll button not working.

Please help.

critin
September 6th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 in a Desktop PC. In my mouse, the right click and scroll button not working.

Please help.

bongbong, I suggest you start your own new thread with your question. This thread is old and stagnate-- your specific issue won't be found and answered here.