PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How can I make Virtual Box go properly into fullscreen?

youknowme
June 19th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I know how to make the emulation go into full screen and how to get it into 'scale mode'. In simple full screen the emulation is still in a smallish window and in scale mode although it takes up the whole screen it looks clunky and not right.

Its this type of thing that puts me off using this otherwise brilliant piece of code.

I would like to hear about it if anyone knows how to make virtual box look decent.

haqking
June 19th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I know how to make the emulation go into full screen and how to get it into 'scale mode'. In simple full screen the emulation is still in a smallish window and in scale mode although it takes up the whole screen it looks clunky and not right.

Its this type of thing that puts me off using this otherwise brilliant piece of code.

I would like to hear about it if anyone knows how to make virtual box look decent.

Install the guest additions into the VM as well as installing the extensions pack for Virtual Box itself.

Peace

youknowme
June 19th, 2012, 10:42 PM
wow - now in fullscreen its impossible to see it is an emulation mode. thanks

haqking
June 19th, 2012, 11:07 PM
wow - now in fullscreen its impossible to see it is an emulation mode. thanks

no problem, you are welcome.

Remember to mark the thread as solved using thread tools.

Cheers