PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouse can't click after upgrading to 12.04

robhol111
June 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I just upgraded my Linux install to 12.04. At the login screen, everything works fine, but after I'm logged in (either on Gnome or Unity), the mouse is unable to click anything. I can move it, but nothing responds to either right or left click. The keyboard doesn't seem to work either. At this point, I'm forced to shut down the computer at the power, and when restarting, I get a message saying the system boot failed, which seems odd as it definitely gets past boot with no apparent issues. I also found that by loading an old kernel version from the Grub list, I can get it to work, although there are other problems with that (like the display resolution being stuck at the wrong value). Finally, this computer is a dual boot with Windows XP. In Windows, everything works perfectly, so I think a hardware problem can be ruled out.

Sharaak
June 18th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Same here except this is a brand new install. I have tried all sorts of solutions and im at my whits end I would love to be able to use ubuntu but without a mouse its hopeless.

Seems to work for a little bit after running sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade but after restart it resorts back to no clicking.

Please help.

Thanks

EDIT it seems to work again after pressing Ctrl Alt F1 and then Ctrl Alt F7 like im refreshing cache or something.

robhol111
June 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hm, I've tried that Ctrl+Alt+F1/F7 thing, and it seems to have some effect. I was able to successfully click one thing before the system became unresponsive again.