PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, multi monitor, and drivers

galapogos
June 18th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Hi,

I just installed Ubuntu 10.04 LT 64 bit on my Sandy bridge PC with dual monitors, and I have a problem with having a desktop that stretches on both monitors. Currently, the same desktop is duplicated on both monitors. When I go to System->Preference->Monitors, only 1 unknown display is shown, even after I click on the "Detect monitors" button.

Also, I believe I'm missing some drivers, as my keyboard/mouse input is severely lagging. The cursor frame rate is abysmal, and I can't type fast without losing random characters.

I'm very new to Ubuntu, never had these problems with Mandriva which I've been using.

How do I fix these problem?

Thanks!

galapogos
June 18th, 2012, 09:22 AM
OK I was able to get the graphics drivers installed and multi-monitor to work in native resolution. However, my keyboard and mouse are still lagging. Any idea why?

mastablasta
June 18th, 2012, 10:31 AM
perhps increase their speed in system settings?

anyway...:

your GPU chip, mouse and keyboard (if they are not standard) are of which model?

galapogos
June 18th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I'm using the integrated intel 3000 graphics, and my keyboard/mouse are standard USB(hp keyboard, MS Intellimouse Optical. Nothing special.

galapogos
June 19th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Tried a ps2 keyboard and the problem isn't there so I'm pretty sure it's a USB driver issue.